Guidelines for installing
ZIVA WORKS 2007
CAST PEWTER TILES
- For installation, we recommend a modified thin-set, i.e.: latex additive for better bonding.
You may fill the back of the cast metal tile before installing.
- DO NOT USE BLUE TAPE ON THE SURFACE OF THE TILE.
- Shading is inherent to the material. Intermix before installing.
- You can cut this material with a wet saw. USE A NEW SHARP DIAMOND BLADE.
- USE SPECIAL CARE WHEN GROUTING THE METAL. GROUT METAL USING A GROUT BAG OR TUBE APPLICATOR.
DO NOT TAPE OFF METAL.
- CLEAN OFF GROUT IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT LET THE GROUT DRY ON THE SURFACE OF THE METAL.
WORK IN SMALL SECTION AND CLEAN AS YOU GO.
CAST OR STAMPED METAL SHAPES
-You may remove the anchor pin if needed. Use a compatible epoxy or glue to adhere the pieces to your tile or surface.
The pin on the back is not meant to hold the piece in the thin-set or grout; you will still need to use an adhesive.
- Remove the grout immediately and do not allow grout to dry on the surface.
- Do not tape off the metal.
- Do not use abrasive or acidic cleaners.
DICHROIC GLASS TILES
-Set as you would any glass tile.
-When installing in heavy water areas, such as pools, or on the floor, install only the Dichroic tiles with the clear glass on top.